Update – To clarify the message from last week: Up to 100 percent employees may be in the office. Employees who share office space and are unable to social distance should continue to rotate between being in the office and teleworking.
Dear Tribal community,
Positive COVID-19 Omicron variant cases have declined significantly at PTHA and in Pierce County. On the advice of Medical Director Dr. Shelton, effective immediately:
- Tribal Administration is moving to Modified Phase 3.
- Chief Leschi Schools students are starting to return to school. Check the website or contact the school for more information.
Please see the above graphic for requirements. Here are some key points about Modified Phase 3:
- 100 percent employees in the office. Employees who share office space and are unable to social distance should continue to rotate between being in the office and teleworking.
- Events can take place inside, with 75 percent capacity.
- In-person training is allowed. Vaccinated employees may request approval for training-related travel.
Please remember you still need to make an appointment prior to arriving to Tribal Admin. Use the Tribe’s Directory to find contact information for the program or department you are wishing to make an appointment with. http://puyallup-tribe.com/services/directory.html
Unvaccinated employees need to continue weekly testing. And if you haven’t been vaccinated: Remember Tribal Members and Employees are eligible for a $500 incentive, find out more information at: https://newspuyallupt2.wpengine.com/attention-tribal-members-and-tribal-employees-tribe-will-pay-you-for-full-vaccinations/
If you are vaccinated and medically able, make sure to receive your booster. Eligibility information can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through this link. Dr. Shelton has said that your chances of getting infected and very sick is much less when you have a booster shot.
THANK YOU to everyone in the community who has gotten vaccinated, masked up and followed other safety measures. You are protecting your community.
Reminder: COVID-19 vaccine drive-up booster shot is now available for employees, families, and household members.
Puyallup Tribal Health Authority is now administering COVID-19 booster shots. Please visit the drive-through vaccine site at 2209 E 32nd St, Tacoma, WA 98404. Enter from East 32nd Street. The shots are available to employees, families and household members.
Regular hours are below.
|Monday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
COVID-19 booster shot is now available
PTHA and the CDC have listed the below recommendations on the booster:
- Age 65 years and older, 50 to 64 years with underlying medical conditions, or 18+ who live in long-term care settings.
- Age 18-49 with underlying medical conditions, based on their individual benefits and risks.
- Age 18-64 who are at increased risk of COVID-19 exposure because of occupational or institutional settings.
- Age 18+ should receive a booster shot at least 2 months after receiving their Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
The booster shot is available to those who received their second Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months prior.
To learn more about COVID-19 booster shoots, please visit www.cdc.gov or speak with your medical provider to see if the booster shot is for you.
COVID-19 vaccine now open to children ages 5-11
COVID-19 vaccines are now available for both patients and non-patients age 5+, who meet the below criteria:
- Chief Leschi School Students
- Puyallup Tribal Members & Households
- PTHA Patients & Households
- Puyallup Tribal Employees & Households
- Tribally Owned Business Employees & Households
Please visit the drive-through vaccine site located at the former EQC parking lot (enter from East 32nd street).
haʔɫ kʷ(i) adsəslabcəbut.
Watch over yourselves well.