Good day, Tribal community.
This is to clarify employment requirements with regard to COVID-19.
We are in unprecedented times, and the COVID-19 vaccine is one of the best tools we have for protecting the health and safety of the Tribe’s community members and employees.
To safeguard the health of our community, Tribal Council has approved a new policy.
- Employees hired before Sept. 30, 2021, must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or apply for personal exemption and provide weekly COVID-19 test results. There are some positions in which a personal or medical exemption may not be allowable.
- All employees hired after Sept. 30, 2021, must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 before their start date. At this time, there are no exemptions allowed.
The Tribe will continue acting to protect our community. Masking and social distancing safeguards remain in place, and the Vaccination Incentive Program has been extended till the end of the pandemic.
haʔł kʷ(i) adsəslabcəbut.Watch over yourselves well.
Did you know that:
- The CDC and medical professionals recommend everyone 12 years of age and older receive a COVID-19 vaccine.*
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free and available to all employees through the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority Clinic.
- Employees will be paid for the time taken to receive the vaccine.
- Fully vaccinated employees are eligible for a $500 incentive.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the CDC’s website, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/index.html.
*Consult with your medical health provider to determine if you are eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine.