Practice COVID-19 safety: Positive case and exposures reported in different departments
After several weeks of promising COVID-19 trends, this week there were several exposures reported at the Sound Credit Union Building and Public Safety, and a positive case at Elders.
Our safety protocols are being followed in each case, with cleanings, contact tracing and testing taking place as needed. Those who may have been impacted have already been contacted or are being contacted. Our thoughts are with the people affected.
We are confident in our safety protocols, but with the Delta variant and cases trending up in many places, we need to remind ourselves and each other to practice the safety protocols put into place in Tribal Administration. Wear masks in common areas, practice good hygiene and stay home if you feel sick.
Events to continue as planned – with COVID-19 precautions
As of now, several events in the next two weeks will continue as planned. They were set up with COVID-19 precautions in mind. If anything changes, we will let you know.
- Elders luncheon on Friday, July 23 at the House of Respect
- Pride Celebration and Twulshootseed Yard Sign Giveaway on Sunday, July 25, at Chief Leschi Schools and People’s Park in Tacoma
- Employee Appreciation event on Friday, July 30, at Chief Leschi Schools
Tribal Administration is still in Phase 3 of the reopening plan:
- Visitors can enter buildings with an appointment.
- Masks are still required in common areas and when in groups. Temperature checks at the door are still required.
- Departments are required to have employees in the office – but only up to 75 percent of each department.
- Telework is being phased out and available to maintain 75 percent capacity or as needed.
- Events can take place indoors, up to 75 percent capacity. Only 10 people per table with a maximum of two families. Tribal Council must approve all events.
- Vaccinated employees may be allowed to travel for approved work purposes.
If you feel sick, take precautions. Don’t come in to work. Stay safe.
haʔɫ kʷ(i) adsəslabcəbut. Watch over yourselves well.